Emergency Medicine has been evolving and spreading its wings far and wide. Along with the advent of novel treatment modalities, much emphasis is now given to the key role of Pre-hospital Emergency Medical Services as well as to the trained paramedics who can remarkably improve patient care. Emergency Medical Technician is an emerging specialty for paramedics with special skills to provide out of hospital emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients.
EMT is equipped with basic knowledge and skills necessary to stabilize and safely transport patients ranging from non-emergency and routine medical transports to life threatening emergencies. EMT are an indispensible and integral part in the chain of survival for any critical patient as their expertise have proved to save lives time and again
Internationally demanded career opportunity awaits those who complete EMT – Advanced (accredited by IIEMS – USA) with major job openings in GCC countries& Europe.
Training will be given to attempt AREMT exam (Australasian Registry for Emergency Medical Technicians), which qualifies the paramedic to swiftly be placed in major international institutions worldwide
The goal of the PRS AED EMT – A Program accredited by IIEMS – USA, is to produce competent & skillful set of Paramedics with current National &International EMS Education Standards. In accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) National curriculum, this EMT Paramedic Program’s goal will be accomplished through the following objectives:
1. Demonstrate the cognitive ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate the clinical information relative to his/her education as a FIRST RESPONDER/ EMT –A/AREMT/ Paramedic.
2. Demonstrate the technical proficiency in all psychomotor skills necessary to fulfill the role as FIRST RESPONDER/ EMT –A/ Paramedic..
3. Demonstrate the affective personal behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations
4. Given a pre-hospital emergency care scenario, be able to manage a team of rescuers, supervise and perform an assessment of the scene/patient, and apply currently acceptable patient care protocols.
5. Contribute in a positive manner to the learning environment by becoming an active participant in the teaching and learning process and seek learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
6. Demonstrate clinical competence prior to and while assigned to patient care responsibilities.
7. Be familiar with the hospital environment, including policies, practices, equipment, and skills as they relate directly or indirectly to the EMT or Paramedicin the field.
8. Be familiar with the pre-hospital environment, including policies, practices, equipment, and skills as they relate directly or indirectly to the EMT or Paramedic in the field.
1. All Candidates must have a valid GNM or B.Sc Nursing completion certificate.
2. The student must be able to work in a standing position and to walk for extended periods of time.
3. The student must be able to safely lift and transfer patients. Safely moving a patient includes but is not limited to lifting and transferring a patient up to 18 inches from a bending position, then pushing/pulling/pivoting that weight up to three (3) feet.
4. The student must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35% of his or her own body weight.
5. The student must be able to apply up to 10 pounds of pressure to control bleeding sites and to perform CPR.
6. The student must be able to respond and react immediately to auditory instruction, requesting, and/or monitoring equipment.
7. The student must be able to perform auscultation without auditory impairment.
8. The student must be able to perform close and distant visual activities, which may include but not be limited to people, paperwork, objects, depth and color perception.
9. The student must be able to perform mathematical calculations without the use of a calculator to prepare medications and administer the medications.
10. The student must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary.
11. The student must be able to react appropriately and professionally within stressful situations.
1. 7 Months intensive coaching & hands on training at PRS Accident & Emergency Department followed by 5 months of internship program – Total course duration – 1 year.
2. At the end of 7 months there will be theory and practical exam conducted by IIEMS –USA & completed candidates should renew certificates every 3 years.
Tuition fee for course – Rs. 30,000.
Stipend –Rs. 8500 monthly
EMT – A is primarily accredited by PRS Hospital Accident & Emergency Medicine Department along with IIEMS (Institute of Emergency Medical Services), USA.
EMT – A graduates will be trained to attempt AREMT exam and on clearing shall qualify to become registered AREMT which is in high demand.
Course Directors – Dr. Danish Salim, Dr Ashish Salim
Academic Advisor – Dr. Prathapan Nair
Academic Coordinator – Mr. Vinu Sebastian ( +91 8547 755 798)